Complete France Forum

Govt Data Loss

Gardian

"But... how about a conspiracy theory... the "junior official " was in league with an "illegal immigrant" security guard, and the discs are now somewhere in Eastern Europe?"

I do hope that this young man isn't going to take all the blame for something if it isn't his fault. It wouldn't be the first time that some hapless individual at the bottom of the pile had to take responsibility for something over which they had no real choice.

Hoddy

[quote user="Frederick"]Years ago when I  worked at Heathrow. I saw daily guys that were checked through onto aircraft with brief cases handcuffed to them .....These were bank couriers taking computor discs  back and forth ....If the banks can do it ...then why not the civil service ? [/quote]

Like you Frederick - years ago (up to 1992) I know better systems were in place.  I worked as a System's Manager and not only was it not possible for junior members to download data without authority, no data ever left us unless by individual courier... Much more recently, I had a major battle with Local Government employees who could not see why I wouldn't pass on individual client records for their data collection... their knowledge of data protection was woefully inadaquate (will be feeling rather smug when I next see them!)

Archived