Complete France Forum

How will this year affect you?

jon

Well with the Euro so stronge......and probably getting stronger...where will your guests be comings from in Spring and summer?

I am hoping to interest a few small hotels and bed and breakfast houses owners to produce a portfollio of the area  Entre-duex-Mers  which collectively we can gather more interest in the region and its lovely places to rest and stay I propose to exhibit in the French exhibition 2009 with a unit.This will highlight the associated premises and become a viehcle for creating reservations.Very happy for other associates to participate at Olympia London.There, are of course other means of promoting the group and once we get talking I will offer my suggestions.

I aspire to achieve what I left Uk for....and that is to enjoy my lifes work and to offer others a little of what I have found.

How will it affect me? Not much really, not everyone runs a hotel or has gites. My RAF pension may be a little lower, but who cares? I did not come here to chase money but to lead a peaceful life and retire early, I have achieved that aim.

That's what I like, a gutsie girl, with get up and go.

Hang on in here, there is a wealth of experience within this forum and although some of the get up and go has gone from some posters they still have something very valuable to contribute: their experience of living in France.

Good Luck

Edit: I am not referring to the previous post, but others that the OP has posted

Of course these "Old timers" have experience of being here...and the forum.

Cute of you to work out that Jon is not  more Jan....but a girl has got to survive in this world of New born Frenchmen.

Please note that although I have recently arrived I have enjoyed owning property here in the past and have spent a lot of time here. I too am not here expecting to make lots of money....said this before but I do  enjoy my profession and need a few pennies to get by.Missing the point ....most of you...I choose to run a B and B .....teaching cookery....cooking for people...because I  enjoy working with people.

Do I know you Jackui?

Cute as in clever.

Chipe irrelevant to me

Jackui as your address.!!!!!!!!!

Jimi Hendrix....as for Led Zeppelin....not fully appreciated at the time.

John Paul Jones[of Zeppelin] announced to me  just over a year ago that he really liked the music which Jonathon...my other half played in the deli in London....and that was the stuff which he was playing at the time.......and that once upon a time he played in a rock band......He then went back to the topic of our cooking and was a regular diner at the deli....one of the many famous customers to have eaten with us over the years.

[:D][quote user="jon"]

Jimi Hendrix....as for Led Zeppelin....not fully appreciated at the time.

John Paul Jones[of Zeppelin] announced to me  just over a year ago that he really liked the music which Jonathon...my other half played in the deli in London....and that was the stuff which he was playing at the time.......and that once upon a time he played in a rock band......He then went back to the topic of our cooking and was a regular diner at the deli....one of the many famous customers to have eaten with us over the years.

[/quote]

Hello Jon/Jan... we sort of know Led Zeppelin... through a client of my OH... long story but he used to live near us and the client did/does a few charity concerts with them... what was your deli called?  sounds fantastic! [:D]

[quote user="jon"]

Cute as in clever.

[/quote]

Not where I come from !

[quote user="jon"]

Chipe irrelevant to me

[/quote]

And me!

The name was 'Chipie'

[quote user="jon"]

[/quote]

Ahhhhh you mean 'Jacqui' as in my user name

I can see you are going to have to get a sense of humour if you are to survive on this forum [Www] [:)]

[quote user="Jacqui Too "][quote user="jon"]

Cute as in clever.

[/quote]

Not where I come from !

[quote user="jon"]

Chipe irrelevant to me

[/quote]

And me!

The name was 'Chipie'

[quote user="jon"]

[/quote]

Ahhhhh you mean 'Jacqui' as in my user name

I can see you are going to have to get a sense of humour if you are to survive on this forum [Www] [:)]

[/quote]

Flogging a dead horse there Jacqui Too, don't let Joan start you off, it will takes days to reach a conclusion[;-)]

[quote user="Weedon"]

Flogging a dead horse there Jacqui Too, don't let Joan start you off, it will takes days to reach a conclusion[;-)]

[/quote]

I know what you mean.

I started being nice and encouraging after thinking she was getting a raw deal and she can't even get my name right, very important when you need friends[:)]

Right back on topic 'How will this year affect me'

Well firstly I will have will have to remember to write 8 instead of 7, I'll be another year older which I'm not best pleased about...............................

Archived