Complete France Forum

Al Oerter

Weedon

And there was I thinking it was the Farsi/Arabic version of a song about a Skylark :

Alouette, gentille Alouette
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai la tete, (je te plumerai la tete)
Et la tete (et la tete)
Alouette (Alouette)
Oh....Alouette, gentille Alouette
Alouette je te plumerai.

Je te plumerai le bec...
Je te plumerai le nez....
Je te plumerai le cou...
Je te plumerai le dos...
Je te plumerai les ailes....
Je te plumerai les jambes....
Je te plumerai les pattes

[quote user="Iceni"]

Pedant mode on

Surely you mean that he won a gold medal at 4 successive JO ? Otherwise you don't tell us how many gold medals he won in total. [8-)]

John

[/quote]

Interesting one that John.  I imagine that the organisers struck new gold medals after Al won his first, to be awarded at the next 3 Olympics.  I don't think he took the first one back and dared other athletes to take it off him, but I take your point about how many he actually won.  I am assuming he won 4 in total but I shall have a shot at finding out more.

Depends whether you want to make a mess indoors or prefer to paint outside,  I would firmly recommend against the use of water based paint if painting outside in the rain.  Frankly I am in awe of a bloke (now I'm referring to Al) who was able to hurl his discus 70 metres to hit the canvas upon which he had his paint.  Good thing he didn't throw a javelin as it wouldn't have made much of a splash.

On the subject of athletes and Seb Coe, I wonder if he is related to Captain Coe racing tipster.  Coe that is, not John or Al.

Edited, as I found I had used three essess in discus

Archived