Complete France Forum

Rampant Mouse

mint

Didn't like to post this in the Wildlife forum as this mouse is not the one I caught lurking in the pantry last night.

My cursor went crackers last night when I was trying to post on here.  Couldn't get the mouse to do anything with the cursor.  Damned thing just went all over the place, particularly near the top of the screen and couldn't be persuaded to come down or enable me to scroll down.

I was so frustrated that I gave up in the end.  It's still shifting a bit today, though not as bad as last night.  At least I can hold it down with one hand and click with the other (yes, it's a laptop).

Anyone know why it does this and how to stop it doing it again?

What sort of mouse is it?  Optical or ball?  If the latter, you probably need to remove the ball and give it a clean.  If optical, the sensors may need a clean up - or it could be that you have placed it on a shiny surface - if so, try putting an old newspaper (cheaper than a mouse mat) underneath it instead, as this can stop the reflections which can cause optical mice to go nuts.

Coops, it's sorted!

First I tried cleaning it with a wet bit of paper soaked in glass cleaning fluid, no joy.  Then I "dusted" the pad with one of my disposable anti-static dusters, no effect.

Then, in desperation, I licked my fingers and the spit has worked a treat![:$]

Hurrah, good old sticky-lick!  Been used by mums, grannies and aunties as a hair tamer and smudge remover since the dawn of time, now dragged into the 21st century to combat rampant mice [:)]

Archived