Complete France Forum

Plasters

Gardian

I know that 'things that really annoy you' threads have been done to death.

However, something that really gets to me that I've never remembered before when these threads have surfaced is:

PLASTERS

Do you remember how the old Elastoplast used to be quite easy to administer?  Open the pack, pull one out, pull off the 'tabs' and Bob's your uncle.

A bit of a scratch the other day, but it persisted in bleeding. "Oh, I'll pop a plaster on".  Ripped one to shreds in frustration, and the 2nd took a couple of minutes of intervention by OH to prevent the same fate. Meanwhile, I might well have bled to death (a soupcon of exaggeration, perhaps).  The individual 'packaging' is impossible to open.

Madness, complete madness.  

Comparable to pills for arthritis dispensed in blister packs.  How the devil are you supposed to get at the pills if your fingers are bent with arthritis?

On the other hand, I find that so-called "child-proof" bottles are never difficult for a child to open but damn difficult for many adults to do so!  Certainly, I line up the arrows, push the lid like hell and might get it open once every 3 tries or so.......grr

Yes you get too many small ones in the mixed packets. There's one type, that I prefer, of several 3 inch strips. Then you cut to size.

I don't like waterproof ones either as they just don't work and are less elastic.

Archived