Complete France Forum

dont learn French

woolybanana

I'd be glad to hear what increased funds the governement has put into English language teaching.....................

This morning I had 35 students in my class, BTS students, who will take an oral exam at the end of the year..........

Are these good conditions to practice oral English ? ( + with no access to a language lab  given the number of students.. ? )

This is just an example, I could give more, and it upsets me ... ! 

[quote user="Frenchie"]

This morning I had 35 students in my class, BTS students,

Are these good conditions to practice oral English ? ( + with no access to a language lab .. ? )

[/quote]

Oral English in these conditions, that sounds like p i s s taking, and so disheartening for you the teacher -  ... the few French youngsters I have tried to help with their English have been ....well, in great need of help, apart the 2 or 3 who are always top of the class, and who seem to be able to learn in spite of bad conditions. But for the bulk of them, it is hopeless. The only thing they seem to be expected to learn, is the right answer (texto)to the questions in their language books. No attempt at applying what they "learn" to real life and situations. No, all they have to do is follow the book and not deviate from its path. Is it the same at BTS level? Surely not?

Archived