Complete France Forum

Amy Winehouse

Russethouse

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Personnally I don't like Amy Winebar ...  I must be the only one I guess...... [blink]

[/quote]

Oh no you're not.  What a talentless waste of space. Just watching her at Glastonbury... aweful beyond words.

She is sublimely talented, but distressingly damaged. The prison tattoos, the drugs, the whole persona. It isn't like Joplin, Janis just had bad drink and drug habits, otherwise she was reasonably together. Winehouse has no self esteem, it seems. She has no class.

I am also appalled that she changed the lyrics of 'Free Nelson Mandela' at his 90th birthday bash to bring in her repulsive husband and plead for his feedom - as if Fielder-Civil has any right to be mentioned in the same breath as the ex-President of South Africa...

[quote user="Lisleoise"]I noticed that too.  I just hoped that she had knickers on, especially as the cameraman was low down [+o(]
[/quote]

As a man, I thought I noticed that she was wearing some sort of shorts type underwear.  I would also add that as far as I am concerned, and I am only in my 40's, there is nothing attractive about her, or her performance, and that I just don't understand people who fawn over her.  Maybe I am old before my time, but each to their own I guess.[:D]

I hope neither, but if she is high, more fool her, she has the early stages of emphasema, perhaps someone should introduce her to sufferers and make her realise what is ahead unless she stops abusing her body.

Sorry - slipped into "matron" mode for a moment........[8-)]

[quote user="Iceni"]

Enjoy her live music while you can, I suspect that the party that will be held when her husband is released may well see the end of both of them.

John

[/quote]

John, if she continues the way she is I think she may be long gone if he's convicted and does time so he can follow on at his own  pace.

Great putting a junkie in prison, sort of home from home for many so my old chums in the Prison Service tell me!!

[quote user="Iceni"]

Enjoy her live music while you can, I suspect that the party that will be held when her husband is released may well see the end of both of them.

John

[/quote]

Well I like her music and I think she is extremely talented.

But I think that she is also off her head most of the time and that I find sad, she could have been a classic, she has an amazing voice when you can hear it! I have her albums and she is obviously on the wagon when she is recording, Last night when this thread came up I looked on youtube and was quite amazed how awful most of her live performances are.

I hope she can overcome this addiction, as I would love to see her around in ten years time.

She's done nothing worthwhile musically since 'Back to Black'.  Every live performance she's done since the last 18 months she's forgotten her words,  cannot hold a note and is completely incoherent. 

She's been dumped for the new James Bond title track only to be replaced by the hugely talented and 'healthy' Welsh lady,  Duffy. 

As a singer - that would really be the last straw for me to get my act together and wake up and smell le café. 

Unfortunately for Miss Winehouse in the drugs versus creativity war the drugs won a long time ago[:(]

Keith Richards himself has predicted her premature demise.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ExIyu-c4c&feature=related

Archived