Complete France Forum

Petitions

Marym2

A bit more information on the above link and petition...

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to urgently request of the Office of National Statistics (ONS) that it amends the proposed 2011 census form by providing a tick-box for those who want to record their identity as English. The proposed census form finds room for such a tick-box for 'Gypsy or Irish Traveller' but not for the ethnic English!"

... to save anyone visiting the site needlessly.

I notice that in their 'tick box' people living abroad can choose 'expat' but not 'emigrant'.

I am an emigrant from the UK and an immigrant in France. I also have British nationality having been born in England

I am not an Ex-patriot, since I have established my permanent residence here. I have not been sent on a foreign placement by a company for example.

Not that it matters as I wouldn't be signing, but it shows the imprecision of their thinking

[quote user="NormanH"]I notice that in their 'tick box' people living abroad can choose 'expat' but not 'emigrant'.
I am an emigrant from the UK and an immigrant in France. I also have British nationality having been born in England
I am not an Ex-patriot, since I have established my permanent residence here. I have not been sent on a foreign placement by a company for example.
Not that it matters as I wouldn't be signing, but it shows the imprecision of their thinking
[/quote]

Surely Norman as a UK emigrant you would not be eligible to sign the petition or be included on the 2011 census? is that why there is no option for emigrants?

[quote user="NormanH"]

In any case the interest of this petition is very limited for readers of a Forum dealing with living in France..
[/quote]

You are wrong there, the name of this forum is 'Living France' not 'Living IN France' and is for all people interested in all things French!

And the OP posted this in 'other topics'

Archived