Complete France Forum

Jade Goody

Quillan

Really sad to hear of people with similar problems but they are not making the news.  Now we have a film on the horizon, the life of Goody and a funeral where thousands are expected, yes I am sorry for the girl but dont you think this is all going too far, or is it just me?  Mind you to be totally honest I thought the Diana thing went too far as well so yes, maybe it is me.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have nothing to say or add about Jade Goody but wanted to say to Lesbates, I too am sorry to hear of your diagnosis and think you are very brave to mention it here. As you said, there are all sorts of factors involved with cancer and I believe most of it is down to genetics.

My Brother had Hodgkin's disease (cancer of the lymph nodes) when he was in his 20's and he had always been a health freak. He was and still is obsessive about a healthy diet and exercise and he would be the last person you would imagine getting cancer. It was in a very progressed stage and he underwent radical treatment but survived it and has been cancer free for over 15 years.

I can also give an example of a good friend of my husband's that had cancer and everyone including the friend himself thought that he would never survive. He received a bone marrow transplant considered at the time a last resort and a new treatment on the NHS and he is still amazed to this day he has survived. He has been cancer free for over five years now.

It is a very sad tragic ending for Jade Goody but all I can say is never give up. I have seen it first hand as I am sure many others here have.[:)]

Archived