Jump to content
Complete France Forum

Where to declare 25% tax free lump sum?

Lizzie Mac

Recommended Posts


am under retirement age but over 55 so was able to take 25% of my private UK pension

as a tax free lump sum last year.  I’m

totally confused by the instructions on the online tax declaration – the instructions seem to relate to a payment of a whole pension pot rather than my situation.

Can anyone clarify how this should be reported please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Depending on the size of the lump sum you can either declare it with your normal pension     ( form 2047 page 1 part 1 section 11 "pensions,retraites, rentes"..privé. 1AM - and as you are liable to CSG ( unless you hold form S1) -page 4 "pensions, retraites,rentes" .. 8 TV or 8TX *. , then to form 2042 page 3 part 1 "PENSIONS ,RETRAITES, RENTES " Box 1AM,or, if  you think it is large enough to put you into a tax bracket above 7.5% ............
..............you can declare as pension taken as capital..2047 ...page 1 ."PENSIONS DE RETRAITE VERSEES EN CAPITAL"  1AT.....and page 4 section 9 ..8SA or 8SB (see below for guidance on which to choose)..then 2042 page 3 section 1 box 1AT.

*see here -page 4 for income limits for each amount (if in doubt enter at 8TX or 8SB)........


I'm afraid that's as simple as I can make it -- if you still have problems I can only suggest going to the tax office for advice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...