Complete France Forum

"how to" with Internet Explorer 8

mint

Found some nice articles from newspapers to post for all of you, dear readers, but no longer know how to do a link since "upgrading to IE 8". So much for "improvement"........

Well, if nobody would explain to me how to do it, you'll all lose the benefit of my researches and my efforts in trawling through newspapers on your behalf and for your edification.

I know someone's got to be selfless (moi) so how about one of the Forum techies coming to my aid?

PS Seems to have also lost my ability to smile (that is post a smiley). I suspected it was a mistake to "install updates" but, there you go, I never seem to learn!

Too late now, Margaret, the deed is done.  I guess I just got "nagged" into updating by the little yellow shield that keeps popping up and telling me updates are ready, etc.

Me, I'm just too weak-minded, that's my problem.  A bit of arm-twisting and I give in........

So, the second part of my question has still to be answered:  how do you do a "link" to a newspaper article or indeed to any other sort of stuff on the internet and post the material on here? 

I'm watching this thread but have refrained from comment because I'm fed up with being castigated for slagging off IE8. All I will say is that I've made my opinion known and I stand by it, anyone want a used bargepole [blink]

Er....................Clair, have read the other thread but "the create link icon"?  Yes, I have guessed that phrase is in English and not Double Dutch but I haven't a clue what is meant or indeed where this magic "create link" button is to be found?[:(]

[quote user="AnOther"]It's this one sweets [img]http://www.completefrance.com/cs/freetextbox3/images/createlink.gif[/img], if you have it that is [Www][/quote]

Well, that's a mighty pretty picture, Erns.  And no, I don't think I have it.

Archived