Complete France Forum

ALERT - SWINE FLU ADVICE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN !

AnOther

Latest advice from the UK government for pregnant women is to avoid going out and to avoid crowded places.

Well slap my thigh, who would ever have though of that on their own [blink]

I wonder how much it has cost for some Whitehall Quango to come up with this pearl of wisdom [:'(]

Maybe I misheard, but I thought they said "Women who were trying to get pregnant"?  No wonder they advise not to travel on the tube.  I suppose the 18-30 type holidays will be hit as well.  Where will it stop?

Things are getting desperate.

I am happy to give an update to my earlier posting and can confirm that the UK is advising women not to become pregnant during the next few months.

I suppose they mean that it's OK as long as you don't conceive in crowded places, like the underground and carnivals etc.  But how does the pig flu virus get in at the same time?  We need more information such as do you have to put one of those big masks over both of you at the time of conception.  If so I can see a business opportunity here for making big masks, but hang on...what about that elastic...OUCH!

Clair! Over to you for the answer.

I know we need to keep reasonably lighthearted about this, but amidst your jests, please remember that there are some of us who are extremely worried about this situation. My daughter-in-law has just found out she's pregnant and has to travel to London each weekday to her work. She's can't avoid the crowds. We are all very anxious not knowing whom to believe.

Archived