Complete France Forum

The Mayor of Doncaster ..Is this for real ?

Frederick

Sorry Dog I think I broke the copyright rules when I put the story on .the mods re gigged the article ...the full storey is there .this guy on day one cut his salery then started to cut back on everybody else it seems to save thousands in council tax payers money,

Good old boy!

I was on the pay board for the local council. They wanted unbiased people who were not members of political parties with experience of pay revues. I wrote an tongue in cheek email saying I wasn't a member of a golfclub, a mason, had never voted and had previous experience with national bodies re: pay.

It was 7 years ago and Mr Bliar wanted councillors to be paid to 'encourage more people to become councillors' sounded laudable and the idea was to get away from the old system where they got expenses for every meeting - guess what the shysters used to plan loads for a day all a few minutes each to grab the dosh.

The more I saw of the council the more I realised it was a golden egg for those that worked there. The Chief Executive let his deputy retire at 50 on a full pension and then left to avoid any flack to be Chief Exec. at another council. They haven't a clue what the real world is like and just milk the rate payers.

The council leader was also a county councillor so was going to get a combined income of over £60k. We voted against all the proposals.

I also saw another council last year that voted to close down - now that's a great idea.

Archived