Complete France Forum

When will this man be taken to task....

Dog

[quote user="buelligan"]I had always heard it rumoured that Andy was fathered by Lord Porchester but that picture has given me pause for thought.  Could it be that the poor Prince is actually the offspring of a hamster (see WoolyB's thread elsewhere in Other Topics)..?[/quote]

Well he certainly was married to one. A big fat red one!

(Incidentally, has he remarried again?)

I wonder why whenever someone comes out in favour of rewarding people for making money you all start to hop up and down. Perhaps it is bitterness at your inability to "fill yer boots". Champers and new helicpters all round I say.

I didn't see this thread from that angle at all JMB - I thought the OP was just highlighting the ludicrous nepotism extant in some areas of industry. I (and possibly others,) then took the opportunity to have a rather mild little snigger at the expense of Prince Andrew, a fatuous scion of that well-manured tree if ever there was one.  However, if you're handing out champers and 'copters, can I swap mine for some bottles of our good local red and a Laverda Jota...always fancied one of them....[:D]

If it's your own company and for some unknown reason you want to employ your relatives I think nepotism is fine but probably misguided.

This minor royal whose sources of income seem as dubious as the people he hangs around with and who has no obvious business experience or qualifications is taking a job that could be done better by suitably qualified people that need a job and save the UK from being made a laughing stock.

If bonuses to bankers are peanuts in HRH opinion I suggest he pays them himself.

I'd prefer beer please and a Sopwith or a MV Augusta America. A friend bought a brand new Jota and it was a bit agricultural plus you needed to be big tall and strong - luckily my mate Puss was all these and a non to bright heroin addict.

I remember following him on my Triumph Speedtwin on some country lanes while overtaking a van a car came the other way and he somehow managed to find just enough room between the two. When we got to the pub I remarked that that looked a bit close - 'Yes' he replied 'The car whacked my steel toe cap boot and ripped my footrest off'.

It wasn't that he had a thirst on he was just to dim to bother about no footrest.

Dog castigated; [quote]It wasn't that he had a thirst on he was just to dim to bother about no footrest.[/quote]

...have to admit, I rode my last Buell for about a year with one footpeg missing.  Had the new peg - but was too lazy to unbolt the stub and put on the new one.  Eventually, I experienced a rather interesting tank slapper.  This seemed to focus my brain a tad and I acknowledged that the designer may have got it right in the first place (two pegs = good...  less = bad)...[:$]

Like the idea of the Sopwith and the MV.  Can I have those as well as the Jota - I'm not that strong but I am fairly tall and think I could handle one - I've always rather liked the "beastliness" of them....[:D]

I would chastise rather than castigate that herbert.

Pray do you let your leg just flap around in the breeze?

Have you seen a Sopwith for and aft opposed twin? I think they are one of the most beautiful motorcycles ever made.

I do like the look of Jotas but I prefer slightly more refinement so I bought a 70's bevel drive Duke.

I used to wedge the instep of my boot onto the stump of the peg.  It worked fine for me for "normal" riding just in extremis it proved to be rather less successful.  I have to admit, when you mentioned a "Sopwith", I immediately thought of the lovely bi-plane (as an exchange for the helicopter).  I'm sure I have seen a Sopwith motorcycle in the flesh over the years - maybe on the Brighton Run or similar, but I am ashamed to say I don't remember.  I have always loved motorcycles of that period so, I'm sure I would appreciate its beauty too.

Having done years of offroading I rather like standing on my footrests to relax and cool the extremities.

Same Sopwith man made the bikes and the planes...

Talking about tank slappers my biggest and nastiest was on a Greaves Scottish - terrifying at 65mph.

My bro emailed me the other day to inform me that he has outed me in the UK bike press for crashing one of the very first Ducati Superlights within 10 yards of the dealership....oops....

Dog said; [quote]Talking about tank slappers my biggest and nastiest was on a Greaves Scottish - terrifying at 65mph.[/quote]

I think I may have been doing slightly more than that (though, of course, not off-road), but over-taking, in the face of on-coming traffic, on a wet road - oh what an idiot I am![:$]

I too like to stand on the pegs (to stretch one's legs and to view on-coming traffic over to rooves of cars in front), but a Firebolt just isn't really the bike to ride in this position, you can't really enjoy the experience.

and then admitted; [quote]My bro emailed me the other day to inform me that he has outed me in the UK bike press for crashing one of the very first Ducati Superlights within 10 yards of the dealership....oops....[/quote]

We'll all have to have a google (and a laugh).  How terribly embarrassing for you!

Archived