Complete France Forum

New Year's Resolutions

woolybanana

Right, that's Xmas over!!

Now, resolutions:

- Stop myself turning into Normie!

- Get my CC back at last and cover a lotta miles

- Decide whether I am gonna move again or not and if so, stop procrastinating  (Sweet 17, that word is what people use to describe the act of screaming to a halt in the car and racing into the woods all puckered up because the snails you have just had were off and anyway, snails and a huge intake of figs don't go together)

- Finish HMS KGV

- Walk a lot, get down to 90kg, have a health check

- Finish the shutters and do the garden which small dog has devastated.

- Shoot small dog.[6]

- Find a new woman.

Thank you Q. I see that it is originally a Berlitz book; so that is what happened in their discreet academies round the world.

My first wife was a Walloon so I do have some experience in that direction. Apart from language, what you have to learn is that French women 'nuzzle' more than Brit ones who tend to wanna get on with lower things very quickly, and they use a lot of perfume when courting, though it stops when the fish is hooked. And they have bottom drawers full of sheets and blankets knitted by granny in the Auvergne.

Fun really.

Wooly says "Stop myself turning in Normie"

I do wish you'd say what you mean, Wooly.  Where are you turning Normie in?  Turning him in to the Gendarmes, the Thought Police, MI5, French Security Services, what?

Or did you mean stop yourself turning INTO Normie?  I'd suggest that's no easy thing to do.  To get like Normie, you would have had to have a lifetime of practice or perhaps even been born to it.  Remember your Shakespeare:  some are born Normie, some achieve Normie and some have Normie thrust upon them?

On the other hand, you might mean to say:  Stop myself turning ON Normie.  Now, THAT would be an honourable resolution but I guess that, like most New Year resolutions, that might last all of a day or two.

PS  Reminder to Norman.  Norman, did you ever get to read that PM I sent you?  YOU might resolve to read PMs and perhaps even to acknowledge them?  Might I suggest that that be your NY resolution?

Edit:  Since Wooly's edited his post, it now makes sense:  INTO Normie; yes, that'll do!

Bless you Sweets, the wine from last night must have still been in my bloodstream.

But I could never stop turning on Normie as he enjoys it so much, and given his residence in a wine barrel, he doesnt get much attention, you know, so he is pathetically grateful. He even offered to share his gruel with me. There were tears in his eyes when I gave him some stuff I had scavenged from the back of Super U.

So, you don't mean to be er............might I use the word "kinder" in the coming year?

Still, seeing as you mean to stay an unreconstituted Woolybanana, you're going to remain good fun and keep making me smile.

I can't imagine that a nice, gentle, limp and squashy sort of  a banana is going to have the same dangerous attraction for us filles.

Archived