Complete France Forum

Guitar Heros BBC4 21:00 116

AnOther

About to start:

Series featuring legendary guitarists performing at the BBC studios. Expect riffs, solos and histrionics from the likes of Johnny Thunders of the New York Dolls, Brian May from Queen, Duane Eddy, Robin Trower, Peter Green, Peter Frampton, BB King, John Martyn and Joan Jett. The performances were filmed in the 1970s for shows including Top of the Pops and The Old Grey Whistle Test.

Dog - it has been on all week, since Monday 28th. Perhaps it's on again this coming week?

The first programmes were very late. I saw part of last night's - the part with Brian May. He's great, but can't stand Freddy Mercury.

Why thank you Patf - we are nearly out of anthracite and can only pick up Radio Moscow on shortwave. If I turn off the fridgidair I may just get enough tricity to hear it.

I am ashamed I once saw Queen live but only because a very very pretty air hostess wanted me to take her. FM was about 3mm tall 2km away in this godforsaken outdoor bowl.

Saw the one of their "Night at the Opera" concerts at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1975. Thought it was brilliant.

Still got the programme with all their autographs (one of our secretaries lived in the same flats as Roger Taylor and took it in).

Archived