Complete France Forum

Cheque Energie

nomoss

Has anyone heard of this?

I received an email couple of weeks ago asking why I had not used mine, apparently sent in April this year, and inviting me to complete a claim form if it had been lost or stolen, in which case it would be replaced.

I have never seen or heard of these, but completed the claim form on the basis that it had been lost in the post.

The web site is here [url]https://chequeenergie.gouv.fr/[/url]

The droit-finances site says that the cheque replaces the previous system of tarifs sociaux (which I have not heard of either) for gas and electricity [url]https://droit-finances.commentcamarche.com/faq/51251-cheque-energie-2018-2019-mode-d-emploi[/url]

Previously there was a slightly preferential tariff for those on a very low income, but as from this year this has been replaced by this cheque.
You simply send off the details to your energy provider and it is credited to your account.

I believe that it is automatic based on your income and family situation

I am not entitled but my neighbours are and I did it for them as they have no Internet.

You don't have to physically send it off, NH.

You go on the site and follow the instructions.  You have to tell them which fournisseur (gas, electric, insulation products) and there is a nice bit where you have to scratch a panel on the cheque and fill in the code contained within.....rather like playing a scratch card and revealing your prize![:)]

[quote user="idun"]
I am not being funny but are you managing on less than a 1000€ a month as a couple???? Or less than 600€ on your own!...........If you are, you certainly need to cash this in, as I don't know how you cope.
[/quote]

The income to qualify is based on one's RFR, not actual income.

27% of the population of Béziers agglo and an even higher % of the population in the town itself have less than 1018€ a month...

All my neighbours were on the special tariff before and have received the cheque.
What I don't understand is how someone who is entitled wouldn't know about it, since it is sent our automatically..

I know that, but our RFR in general (and I have just looked in my files) was about a third less than the imposable income, so that would still make 1300€ give or take a month to live on.

As I said, that is not a lot for a couple, what with mutualists and bills etc and just 'living'.

[quote user="idun"]
I know that, but our RFR in general (and I have just looked in my files) was about a third less than the imposable income, so that would still make 1300€ give or take a month to live on.

As I said, that is not a lot for a couple, what with mutualists and bills etc and just 'living'.
[/quote]

True, but a bit more than that.

Owning the house, no debts, not having to pay TF and TdH, having tax- and CS-free investments, not going out to eat food inferior to what we can cook at home, nor drinking in overpriced bars - where one only meets the local drunks, entertaining friends at home, shopping locally in Lidl, Aldi, and Noz, and occasionally in Spain, all helps.

Plus drawing down on the kids' inheritance as and when necessary[:D]

EDIT: I suppose doing all our maintenance myself, rather than having to pay tradesmen and garage bills, and keeping a close watch on cash flow also helps.

My RFR is 29% of my income.

I got the TPE for years which was next to nothing and I am convinced that 90% of it must have gone on the administration of the scheme, they were forever writing to me asking me to fill in the same forms every time, refusing it then paying it then paying it on 2 other electric supplies which is just plain stupid, then my RFR went above the threshold so I assume I would not get the new one.

Don't know what the plafond is but I have never heard of any "special tariff" and the chèque d'énergie came out of the blue and unrequested.  Nice petit cadeau.

Don't know whether it's tied to the amount of energy you use.  Certainly last year we used much more electricity than previously because of my illness and having to keep the house extra warm for the poorly old soul that I was![:P]

[quote user="idun"]
So that means that one is eligible as a single person with an RFR of 7700€ and 11500€ for a couple, that is the maximum RFR,

Have I understood???? because from other posts, it looks like I haven't.

[/quote]

I think so, but their gross income will be rather higher than that.

I think there are misprints in the table beginning "Composition" - the figures are 50€ less than they should be, and the second column should end at "du menage", without "par personne".

The first paragraph says that households are eligible if their RFR is below 7700€ per unit of consumption, and that 2 people constitute 1.5 units, 3 people 1.8 units, and so on.

So a household of 2 people has to have an RFR below 7700 x 1.5 = 11,550€, not 11,500

and for 3 people it has to be below 7,700 x 1.8 = 13,860€, not 13,810

A couple over a certain age will have the special abattement of  10% deducted from their pension income, and 4,752€ abattement for their age, deducted after that, so their gross or actual income could be up to (11,550 + 4,725)/0.9 =  16,275/0.9 = 18,083€

[quote user="NormanH"]
Direct Energie are very good at this sort of thing.

What is ANTS?  I have seen it referred to before but I never know what it is

[/quote]

It's the black hole into which applications for vehicle transfers, driving licences etc. apparently disappear.

[url]https://www.cartegrise.com/carte-grise-ants[/url]

Luckily we exchanged our licences years ago and have not bought or sold any cars recently.

I didn't pay my cheque directly to my fournisseur EDF because the contract is in OH's name and I couldn't get into the account in my own right.

I used the cheque énergie site; simple, quick, efficient so SOME government websites can score 10 sur 10.  ANTS, the less said the better[+o(]

[quote user="mint"]
I didn't pay my cheque directly to my fournisseur EDF because the contract is in OH's name and I couldn't get into the account in my own right.

I used the cheque énergie site; simple, quick, efficient so SOME government websites can score 10 sur 10.  ANTS, the less said the better[+o(]

[/quote]

I used the Cheque Energie site, as instructed in the bumf which came with the cheque.

[quote user="mint"]Nomoss, did you read the bit that says that future cheques will be paid to the same supplier you have named?  Future cheques.........I thought it was a one-off and I must admit that sounded very good to me[:)]

[/quote]

Yes. I completed the bit which said I want future cheques to go directly to Direct Energie.

Sounds good to me too, if everything doesn't go t*ts up next year.

Archived