Complete France Forum

E.T. what do you believe

Théière

I believe there is alien life out there, but I think the chances of any of it making contact with earth are minuscule.

For a start, they would have to know life is here, secondly, even of they were in the next solar system, they'd still have to travel at the speed of light for 4 years in order to get here.

Unless they have some super duper technology, I think the chances of ever coming across alien life physically are tiny.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]I believe there is alien life out there, but I think the chances of any of it making contact with earth are minuscule. For a start, they would have to know life is here, secondly, even of they were in the next solar system, they'd still have to travel at the speed of light for 4 years in order to get here. Unless they have some super duper technology, I think the chances of ever coming across alien life physically are tiny.[/quote]

We only have ourselves, our technology and our science to base things on and we may be far behind in that compared to other beings, indeed we could still be in the stone age by comparison. Who's to say they have not developed the ability to create wormholes in space, bent time and space and even fold it back on it's self, we can't possibly know. Then look at us, only interested in money, people starving whilst others want for nothing, genocide, wars, disease (we spend less on medical research than we do on arms) and of course the damage we do to our planet. Perhaps they are out there, perhaps in the great A to Z of the galaxy we are marked as a no go dangerous area, perhaps the intergalactic Wikipedia has us marked as a bunch of barbarian losers and not worth a visit. Perhaps they bring their school children here to show them an example of how to get it so terribly wrong. Anyway its all speculation for me until one comes knocking on my door...... or have they been already and I didn't know.[;-)]

Funny enough I watched the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still the other day. I thought very American in its attitude towards 'visitors', if you don't understand blow it up. I dread to think what reception a 'visitor' would get if he landed there. [:D]

[quote user="Théière"]

Well we know more about outer space than the depths of our own ocean and most of the things we find in ocean are coated in batter a deep fried [:D]

Is it no wonder they don't come too close.

[/quote]

Your not trying to tell me that cod does not come out the ocean coated in batter and it does not have fingers? [:(]

In those immortal words "Its life Jim, but not as we know it". OK well actually he said "No life as we know it" but you get the drift. [;-)]

Archived