Complete France Forum

p 60

NormanH

I usually get a P 60 at this time of the year showing the tax I have paid in the UK in the preceding financial year.

This year I haven't received anything yet.

Is anybody else in the same boat or have you all received yours (if applicable of course) ?

[quote user="Judie"]I think there is an obligation to provide P60s by about the middle of May if I remember right.

[/quote]

Not sure if I ought to correct an ex-revenue trainer (who happens to be Mrs W) but according to the HMRC website, employers must give their employees a P60 by 31 May. Presumably a similar deadline applies to pension providers etc - strangely enough the HMRC notes give specifications for 'short' P60s used by pension funds but don't mention a date.

Interestingly, looking for that particular piece of information, I came across a company that apparently provides you with 'official' P60s. You tell them the figures, they make you a P60...

[quote user="Will"][quote user="Judie"]I think there is an obligation to provide P60s by about the middle of May if I remember right.[/quote]

Not sure if I ought to correct an ex-revenue trainer (who happens to be Mrs W) but ... [/quote]

Looking at your reply ...

Would one be safe in assuming that you two do not find yourselves in the same country at the moment ...?

Sue

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="Will"][quote user="Judie"]I think there is an obligation to provide P60s by about the middle of May if I remember right.[/quote]

Not sure if I ought to correct an ex-revenue trainer (who happens to be Mrs W) but ... [/quote]

Looking at your reply ...

Would one be safe in assuming that you two do not find yourselves in the same country at the moment ...?

Sue

[/quote]

Correct (one in France and one in the UK), but in my defence I was never PAYE but capital gains.

[quote user="Judie"]Correct (one in France and one in the UK), but in my defence I was never PAYE but capital gains.[/quote]

Speaking as an FF user; there is a problem with FF at the moment in that we cannot display smilies on this forum. Which can lead to a slight distortion in interpretation when posting a comment. My post was definitely tongue-in-cheek, but it didn't appear to be so, due to the distinct lack of the appropriate smilie. (Rueful smile)

No offence meant - hopefully none taken.

Sue

[quote user="suein56"]Speaking as an FF user; there is a problem with FF at the moment in that we cannot display smilies on this forum.[/quote]Really Sue ?

[:)][:D][:P][:(][:'(][:@][6][8-|][B][+o(][:-))][8-)][I][;-)][:$][Www][geek][blink]

Composed in FF 3.5.7 [kiss]

[quote user="AnOther"]

[:)][:D][:P][:(][:'(][:@][6][8-|][B][+o(][:-))][8-)][I][;-)][:$][Www][geek][blink]

Composed in FF 3.5.7 [kiss][/quote]
Yes but I have 3.6.3 and the smilies deffo don't function for me!!

Edit: now switched to IE8 and I can see that you posted lots of smilies, only a couple of which were visible to me in FF 3.6 - how truly bizarre!!

Sue

In FF I can see 4 - the devil face and 3 others.

Edit: if I 'quote' then I can see

[quote user="AnOther"]OK, here they are in FF 3.6.3

[:)][:P][:(][:'(][:(][:'(][:@][6][8-|][B][+o(][:-))][8-)][I][;-)][:$][Www][geek][blink][kiss]

[/quote]

then I can 'see' lots of smiley faces, until I click 'post' and then in FF 3.6.3 I can still only see the first 4 smilies.

Sue - now truly more confused than ever

[quote user="AnOther"]

Have you tweaked yours and what, if any extensions have you installed ?[/quote]

Loads, but it is probably Adblock plus that is causing the problems. It does deal with unwanted adverts brilliantly but perhaps it affects smilies too.

[quote user="AnOther"]

Sorry for hijacking the thread BTW, it wasn't intentional.[/quote]

My apologies join yours - totally unintentional.

Sue

FF 3.6.3 + Adblock is working fine for me.

[:)][:P][:(][:'(][:(][:'(][:@][6][8-|][B][+o(][:-))][8-)][I][;-)][:$][Www][geek][blink][kiss]

Ultimately smileys are only small blocks of printable text characters so

there is no logical reason for FF to object to them so I'd disable all your Add-Ons then reinstate them one by one until you find what is causing this.

[quote user="AnOther"]FF 3.6.3 + Adblock is working fine for me. [/quote]

And seemingly so - fingers well crossed - for me too, following your timely intervention. Having re-configured Adblock plus things seem to be much improved and I can see numerous and multi-farious smilies; whether that is a good thing or not I am loathe to say at the moment.

Thanks a lot AnOther [kiss][kiss][;-)]

[quote user="NormanH"][6][:)]Much more fun than a P 45

[:)]

[:P]   [/quote]

Never was a truer word spoken! [;-)][Www]

Sue

Archived