Complete France Forum

Camerons Fault for poor Pakistan Aid response

Frederick

It seems that Davd Cameron's   "Looking two ways   "  by Pakistan  when it comes to terrorist activity is now being  blamed as a reason that people are not donating  the millions expected to aid the relief of flood victims .

I think the millions the world bank gave for flood defence works after 1976 floods that were embezzeled  by their own people so they were left without any prevention measures  is more to blame for the reluctance to donate than the words of  David Cameron ... That .their corruption .ranting against the West  and support for radical Islam  is whats keeping people's  money in their pockets .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/12/david-cameron-hinders-pakistan-aid

The report of the women who were refusing rescue as water rose about them because their husbands had gone off and not come back to give permission for them  to go to safety shocked me  !

Or could it be that after giving two pound a weeks to the RSPCA, Great Ormond Street hospital, Cancer Research, WHO, and all the other charities who's adverts seem to have taken over the commercial breaks on TV these days that people just don't have any money left to give to yet another charity. Alternatively they might just be a bit poor what with the recession and consider that charity belongs at home i.e. putting food on their own family table.

It occured to me that only weeks ago we were being told to get used to a new world order where Asian countries are where economies are booming - well, if thats really the case perhaps they would like to help themselves or their neighbours.....

It is dreadful, but maybe in this recession we have finally succumbed to disaster fatigue...

I don't understand why our tainted money is needed, there are plenty of mega-rich Muslims around the world who have a duty to provide for those in trouble.

My other excuse (not that I really need one) is that whatever happens is God's will.

John

Archived