Complete France Forum

Obama and the mosque and ground zero

Mr Coeur de Lion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10989002

Just because the scum bags who murdered 3000 people profess to be muslims, doesn't mean they are muslims. Throughout history, many so called christians have also committed acts of murder in their god's name, but that does not mean they are christian just because they say they are. I doubt any decent god would approve of the mass murder that these "muslims" have done or the mass murder many "christians" have done over the past 2000 years (or any other religion for that matter).

So I can understand Obama's view on supporting the build of the mosque so close to ground zero.

Having said all that, I personally don't believe it is the right thing to have in close proximity to ground zero, because most people (rightly or wrongly) do associate these terrorists with Islam, and I think the muslims looking to build it should be a little more tactful as to where to place their new mosque. Why stir up more trouble ? In fact, there shouldn't probably be any places of worship built near it, just leave it as a memorial in it's own right.

Archived