Complete France Forum

Weasley Blair interviewed by Bennett Jones on BBC World Service

Dog

I listened to this and could not believe the amount of 'if's' and 'possibilities' he threw around to make himself look innocent.

They finally spoke about his jobs in the private sector for the Saudi's and Oil companies - he said he would really prefer to be in public office and said he would have taken the job of European Parliament President.

Bennett Jones then asked if he would like to be Head of the United Nations - Blair replied he couldn't as he is a member of P5.

This quick aside made me think - he is no longer a member of  the P5, or once in are you a member for ever or is he barred because he was or is a member of The Bildeberg Group?

This man is one slippery customer.

You missed his interview on BBC 2 the other night then. Every other sentence seemed to start with "In hindsight I may have got the law on (insert one of the 900 odd bought in under labour - that number got them in to the Guinness Book of Records for most laws passed by any government in their term of office) wrong". He also believes it's quite OK to invade any country that does not have democratic elections with the exception of Zimbabwe (he said "for obvious reasons" which I don't understood unless they don't have any oil). He seems quite happy to throw our soldiers lives away. I can't write what I would like to say about him as it would just end up as a page of '*'. [:@]

According to Wikipedia, Blair's children are all citizens ofthe Irish Republic, acquired from their maternal grandmother.

Does anyone know whether they hold Irish citizenship exclusively or whether they are British citizens who are additionally Irish?

It would be rather strange if the children of a former British Prime Minister were not British themselves.

Archived