Complete France Forum

So who's winning the snooker?

mint

Thanks, Coops, awesome!

Hello, Rose..tickety boo, thanks!

Back at the old house tonight and still like it lots!  French neighbour came in to say that their little boy (about 9) was bitten by their new dog and is in hospital in Bordeaux...........horrible.

This was a dog that they got around Christmas time (2 years old) but very barky and aggressive.  Fortunately, no permanent harm (perhaps psychological, who knows?) as the dog missed the child's eyes by millimetres!

Thanks, Judith.  I guessed the outcome.  I think Ding is just the complete package:  fabulous potting, thoughtful safety play, flair and intelligence evident in every aspect of his game.

I understand that his fans number millions (or perhaps billions?[:D]) in China and he is so unassuming and polite at the interviews.  All this at the grand old age of 22 or 23..........quite astonishing!

BTW, do the French play snooker at all?  And, no, I don't mean pool......

Sweets, no problem.  I'm afraid I havn';t watched snooker very much recently, always so much to do, so all the new young uns are a mystery to me.  OH enjoyed it  though, and glad you like him, both being of oriental extraction, I couldn't tell who was playing when I popped in to watch on and off ....but good that the young ones continue to be interested.

I have no idea about snooker in France .....

For us, the final stages of the Masters were a disappointment.

Almost all of the 1st round matches were good, because the outcomes were largely unexpected.

Although it sticks in my craw to say it, Robertson played the best snooker by far of all the players up to the point of his defeat. Mark Allen, although our preferred winner, was a bit fortunate to come through. He blew it in the semis & deservedly so.

Sorry, but the Ding - Fu final was just too bland for my liking.

One observation: Maguire looked completely out of 'condition', i.e. well overweight. He's an underachiever.

Archived