Complete France Forum

Are mobile phones dangerous?

Quillan

[:)]Nice trick.

So, the next time I go camping, I can use my mobile phone to heat up the food and drink. Who needs gas cookers? [:D]

By the way, Q, my fax machine has run out of paper: could you fax over to me some blank sheets?[:P]

Regards

Pickles

[quote user="Pickles"][:)]Nice trick.

So, the next time I go camping, I can use my mobile phone to heat up the food and drink. Who needs gas cookers? [:D]

By the way, Q, my fax machine has run out of paper: could you fax over to me some blank sheets?[:P]

Regards
Pickles
[/quote]

No can do with the fax paper. Could I interest you with some tent peg hole filler?

Well the egg one you can't prove because how do you know the egg was not cooked in the first place. In the popcorn one you can see the popcorn 'do its thing' and if there was a hotplate underneath then why was the table cloth not burnt? Also the mobile phone manufacturers, just like the electrical companies and HV lines, would hate for this to be true yet interestingly enough new houses (for the last 20 years) must be built a certain distance from HV lines and they are more and more being placed underground (we have a load of EDF vans outside our door at the moment along with the mayor because our lines are going to be put in the ground). There has also been a couple of court cases to do with HV overhead cables in the US which have been successful and if there were no truth then why start putting them underground? No smoke without fire as they say.

Logic tells me this is a trick but how it is done I am not too sure. One thing I did notice is that in all three events there is one phone that does not quite look like a phone especially when you see it in profile. Anyone care to try it and report back? [;-)]

By the way Mrs Q said you don't need a mobile phone to scramble my brain, it's been scrambled for years. [:@]

A focussed microwave source under the table or possibly above and pointing down, it really isn't hard to do, it ain't rocket science as they say !

The amount of power required to heat the residual moisture in corn to make it 'pop' is more than the combined power that 100's of mobile phone batteries themselves could provide let alone the few hundred mW of RF power that they actually emit.

Also I doubt you'll find that burying cables is anything to do with limiting alleged harmful radiation and probably as much to do with costs and aesthetics as anything else.

Around here EDF have been busy 'planting' concrete poles to replace ageing and rotten wooden ones when they could just as easily have buried the cables if there were potential health issues with overheads.

I'll say they are dangerous. I have got one of those old-fashioned ones...remember them? It just makes calls like, phones of years ago. Well, I don't use it much, maybe it's got something to do with having no friends, but anyway my daughter said I should take it with me whenever I go out in the garden in case I have an accident. Don't know where she gets the idea that I might have an accident in the garden from, could be something to do with the time I fell in to the pond when trying to clean it, or the time I used my new ride-on and I hadn't quite got the hang of the reversed foot controls so shot forward when I should have braked. Thank god for the extra strong mortar that I used for the stones round my pond on that occasion as it stopped me plunging headlong into the deep end.

Anyway! I had the phone in my top pocket when I was hacking away at some thick brambles, and I had just got hold of an extra long thick bramble to give a real good yank when the phone bleeped to tell me a message had come through. It made me jump so much that the extra tug on the bramble made it whip around the back of my chubby little legs. I am not sure which was worse, when the brambles whipped my legs or later on in the shower when the hot water hit the scars. I shan't wear shorts for the next bramble clearing session.

On the plus side, apparently I can get calls for 38ppm when in France, so that's nice. 

Archived