Complete France Forum

Trouble with my tits

woolybanana

The little 'uggers seem to have taken either a sexual or a competitive shine to my windows and now spend hours bashing up against them, unless I chase them of with the dogs. The glass is not particularly clean and had been there a long time, so what on earth has set them off.

The real problem is that they are at it first thing in the morning when I like to sleep, and being woken to the sound of distant machine gun fire is not my idea of fun!

Apart from tethering small doggie to the window or hiring a hawk, has anyone any suggestions for getting the little so and sos to 'od off?

Sometimes at this time of year they are attracted to/or irritated by their own reflections - and behave a bit like budgies. We had two wagtails sitting on each car wing mirror for days and days one year. They would never move an inch until we drove away!  Almost all of our birds who flew straight at windows did so because they could see through to the other side - like in the conservatory. They either died immediately or had to be assisted back into the air by me (usually sparrowhawks and one buzzard). We put some blinds there and it stopped. We have loads of tits who we share our space with,  no problem. But, the big nuisance was the starlings who came ever year to nest in a tiny space above the "lucarne" window to a bedroom.  This was soooooooo noisy and they made the most awful mess. So well ahead of Spring a couple of years ago I sat one of the Grandchildren's soft toys in the window, on permanent guard,  a large manic-looking Garfield the Cat.  [6] Exit stage left starlings, never to return.  [:D]  But maybe old Des O'Connor CD's would work as well, and are more easily available? 

Archived