Complete France Forum

They're Off!

cooperlola

Is it the Champion Chase tomorrow, Coops?

Presumably Mastermind is running - for me, the best race of the meeting. Sprint chasers.

I guess that your were 'on' that Captain Chris today?  Is RJ just your favourite jockey, or a friend / relation?

Yes, I backed Captain Chris.  I have backed RJ for top jock at the meeting, that is all.  I guess that bet's gone South already.

Champion Chase today indeed.  I shall probably back something each way (likely to be Sizing Europe as he won for me in 2010[:D]) as I can't split the front two this year.  But hey - 4 to 1 on MM is a money-back each way bet isn't it?  Like you though, I just love the race for what it is - consistently the most exciting at the Festival in terms of pace and spectacle, as are most top-class 2 mile chases. 

All in all today is a day to keep my powder dry really, either one horse looks like a shoe-in or you can make a case for the lot!

[quote user="Gardian"]Sounds like that Bergerac lunch is on Coops![6] [/quote]As I only put tiny litte bets on nobody's going to get much to eat.[:)]  Big bets just detract from the racing for me and concentrate the mind too much on one horse.  But it is a good buzz when you're on (especially at the 25s I got in the 4 o'clock.[:)])

Coops ............

Fantastic Gold Cup eh?  I'd have loved to see either KS or Denman win it, but you can't take anything away from the winner.

I just had one small bet in the whole meeting - Grandouet in the Triumph. I rather felt that Geraghty should 'have made more use of him', because he was cruising 3 out. When he was passed, he just rather gave up.

I very rarely look back and say "what if?", but was kicking myself over Buena Vista - I backed that last year and off that weight, the odds were incredible.

Never mind - one of the best Festival meetings and great entertainment. 

Very satisfying and so great to watch.  I was glad to see the two old chaps go down fighting and I really hope that they are both retired now.  I cannot imagine a better way to bow out to the horses of the future than what they did today.  Although if Denman gives up I don't know where I'll put my money next year.

Apart from the good old boy, Salden Licht and Cockney Trucker put me ahead today so overall I've got some Aintree money in the account.  Very satisfying on the betting front (although I know to proper punters that a profit of £30 on four days' racing is a joke[:)]) but more, as you say, on the racing one.  Best of all was the lack of injuries  to the horses because in that department it had been a truly terrible season up until now.[:(]

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Very satisfying and so great to watch.  I was glad to see the two old chaps go down fighting and I really hope that they are both retired now.  I cannot imagine a better way to bow out to the horses of the future than what they did today.  [/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Best of all was the lack of injuries to the horses because in that department it had been a truly terrible season up until now.[:(][/quote]

Same again.

Now, what would be really good would be to own a a couple of really nice 4yo hurdlers in partnership! Name them after our nom-de-plumes?  Sadly, I suspect that we're both insufficiently well off.[:(]   

[quote user="Gardian"]Now, what would be really good would be to own a a couple of really nice 4yo hurdlers in partnership! Name them after our nom-de-plumes?  Sadly, I suspect that we're both insufficiently well off.[:(]   [/quote]The two I'd love to take home out of the Festival are Unaccompanied and AimiGayle - the idea of having two so genuine mares and the prospect of some nice foals when they finish their careeres would be irrisistable to me.

Did you know I have one of Habitat's grand-daughters?  She will be 30 in May. 

Archived