Complete France Forum

CONTRA MUNDUM

pachapapa

Well! Well! Now we have the final transcendental version of a "super injunction"; I wonder did a Judge suffer from the complementary synergy of a neuronal blood clot assisted by a long line of coke or did the Angel Gabriel descend and sit on his shoulder and whisper in his ear!

Does "contra mundum" apply to the International Space Station and the final epic flight of Endeavour, indeed does it apply in the 4th dimension?

Would St Peter be silenced at the Pearly Gates.[:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="Richard51"]Pac

Sorry, but I'm winding down (with vino) from a long week - but what are you talking about?

Richard
[/quote]

On Wednesday, High Court judge Mr Justice Eady agreed to issue a "contra mundum" order - effectively a worldwide ban - in the case of a man who sought to prevent publication of material about his private life.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13158087

So, Spacecontrol to Major Tom could not names names, but what about Major Tom?

Well, yes, but don't they have a right to privacy, unless of course they are not practising what they are preaching?

As a matter of interest, I wonder if this could be used by an institution to hide moral wrongdoing by its employees - such as the Church?

Of course, it is a reaction to an over-intrusive press pack, though I wonder if it will be used to muzzle real investigative journalism?

Well, yes, but don't they have a right to privacy, unless of course they are not practising what they are preaching?

I think it's pretty common knowledge that one particular gentleman has got the injunction on the grounds that he doesn't want other children taunting his kids in the playground, about his indiscretions...

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.......................

Interestingly, Andrew Marr has announced this morning that he is one of the famous four. Apparently Private Eye had been contemplating taking a court case against him and Marr agreed that it was hypocritical of him to ban reporting on himself while he was pursuing politicians for the truth.

Hoddy

Archived