Complete France Forum

RIP Seve

cooperlola

I know that golf is a sport which divides opinion - there are many who don't understand it, don't enjoy it, find it boring etc etc, but there's no denying, imho, that Balasteros was a real superstar, an (apparently, anyway) genuininely nice guy, who seemed to thoroughly enjoy what he did, and encouraged many of his countrymen to compete after him.

His death is a real loss to golf and sport in general.  Very sad, especially given the long, slow way in which it happened.[:(]

A few weeks ago I made some uncomplimentary comments regarding Spanish sportsmanship.  I strongly exclude Seve from those remarks and feel very sad that a man I've often had the pleasure of watching  at nearby Wentworth and Sunningdale has lost his brave fight. A great character, and an amazing and exciting talent.  Farewell Seve.

[quote user="DerekJ"] I've often had the pleasure of watching  at nearby Wentworth and Sunningdale has lost his brave fight. A great character, and an amazing and exciting talent.  Farewell Seve.

[/quote]

Totally agree with you Derek, followed him years ago at Sunningdale , it was that Japanese whisky tournament, (Suntory?) was a pleasure watching how he did it. Actually managed to have a few words with him.

Archived