Complete France Forum

Helicam Photos of your house

Frederick

I guy has turned up on my doorstep in the UK with a framed photo of my house he states he took it  from above with a helicam and it could be mine for £20  ...I had no idea  he had been flying the thing round my house over the garden . He was a bit put out when I told him I had seen what it lookes like from the sky on Google Earth  and I didn't need a photo  .. He explained they sold hundreds of them  ... Its the first time I have heard of this door to door  selling .... Have any of you  bought photos of your homes  taken this way .?    I dont think it would be a money spinner in France like the guy makes out it is  ... the radio controlled helicopter would  probably be blasted out of the sky with a shotgun .   I suppose it was taken somthing  like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vktevUybkig

My wife takes loads of photos of towns, villages and the odd house from the back of our microlight. We often get asked to take photos for people. There are some people who want them.

There is a business in Perigueux who use a tethered balloon to take photos, but they charge around €230 I believe.

[quote user="Frederick"] I guy has turned up on my doorstep in the UK with a framed photo of my house he states he took it  from above with a helicam and it could be mine for £20  ...I had no idea  he had been flying the thing round my house over the garden . He was a bit put out when I told him I had seen what it lookes like from the sky on Google Earth  and I didn't need a photo  .. He explained they sold hundreds of them  ... Its the first time I have heard of this door to door  selling .... Have any of you  bought photos of your homes  taken this way .?    I dont think it would be a money spinner in France like the guy makes out it is  ... the radio controlled helicopter would  probably be blasted out of the sky with a shotgun .   I suppose it was taken somthing  like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vktevUybkig[/quote]

We used to get people coming round once every two years or so offering aerial photographs (at that time taken from what was probably a Cessna Spam-can) of our previous house and street. I did suspect that the pilot of said aircraft probably didn't have a CPL and was therefore probably illegally engaging in a commercial flying activity in contravention of the Air Navigation Order, but to be honest I had other things to deal with.

Regards

Pickles

Archived