Complete France Forum

Rab C Nesbit is back

NormanH

Not quite a good as it used to be but has it's moments. I used to like Shameless as well (new series on at the moment) but that too is getting a bit past it's sell by date. Perhaps with all the changes at the BBC there will be some more new comedy programs.

On a different note I saw they had the church service yesterday for David Croft (Dad's Army, Allo Allo etc), great writer and his repeats still get a good laugh and are nice, clean, fun unlike some of the garbage they call comedy on TV these days.

[quote user="NormanH"]on TV
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b015r55r/Rab_C_Nesbitt_Series_10_Broke/

now that's a programme I can't see amusing the French ...
[/quote]

It does amuses me [:D] !

I was taught 'glaswegian' aged 15 by  Morag Watson from Paisley. I'll remember her for ever, she was so funny and had quite a dislike of authorities in general. She took us to a bar in Clermont-Ferrand one night and we got quite  [:$] ... Imagine 7 boarding school girls, having absconded prep time in the first place and with a regulatory 8pm curfew to obey ... Wowee were we in trouble when we arrived back at the lycée ... She stayed with us a whole year as part of her university course. Great times ....

I learnt some of  Robert Burns poetry, Auld lang syne, Sailing that anthem of Rod Stewart's and also his Maggie May and much more. Best 'english' conversation classes ever all in a thick glaswegian accent.

So Rab's lingo and antics are not that strange to me and get me curled up with laughter anytime [:D]  

Archived