Complete France Forum

Oh dear... Such a lot of people were disappointed today !

Frederick

For some time our UK local radio has announced that as the last of her official Diamond Jubilee UK visits the Queen would be attending the New Forrest and Hampshire County Show  and the Isle of Wight today.

I go to the show every year and like thousdands of other people who are on holiday in the area with their children the show ground was packed this morning as we all chose this day to attend and  were expecting to see her . 

There must have been thousands of people round the main ring  which was all decked out with tubs of flowers in front of the  Show Presidents   Box and members enclosure .

It would appear that  Her Majesty had expressed a wish to see the New Forrest Pony classes...and they were looking terrific .

Down came the purple helicopter way off by the side of the car park field ... The thousands waited in anticipation... Less than a hour later  up went the purple helicopter.. Visit over .

Lots of comments when the thing lifted off that she would not like to hear.  Would it have been too much to have sat in one of the open  coaches pulled by magnificent horses and gone round the main ring to take applause  from her people  for two minutes ..... It appears it would ...I felt so sorry for the children hearing parents tell them she had gone !  

30 degrees today so lets be kind and say "Maybe it was a little too hot out of the shade for her  "

[quote user="Frederick"]
30 degrees today so lets be kind and say "Maybe it was a little too hot out of the shade for her  "
[/quote]Lets also remember she has had a very busy summer and she is now 86 years young. The heat does take it out of people

Frederick, I'm a bit mystified by your post as the night before her visit to the New Forest Show it was previewed on South Today and her programme was obviously well mapped out, officials talking about meeting her etc. In the report that day she did see some of The New Forest Pony classes.

I think things were speeded up a bit for her  Word is some things were cancelled as the trip was shorter than expected . Alan Titchmarsh showed her round some exibits and displays ... I expect some ponies were on hand for her to see .Unfortunatly people had been told the main ring was the place to go and thats where  many  went ... me included .

Archived