Complete France Forum

Instagram to be avoided?

woolybanana

I was talking to a friend on Skype the other evening, who asked if I had a "wish list" on Amazon. Not having heard of it I looked at the wish list in question only to find I didn't need a password to see it. Furthermore you can put a search for anybody elses name to see what theirs is.

I happened to mention that I had looked at Google Images and found a lot of pictures of places where I have lived in the UK. I did a search on my friends name whilst we chatted and there was my friends picture 2 rows down. The only way that could have appeared was from Facebook, which I have never used, because it's too public for my liking.

[quote user="Ivor Nidea"]I was talking to a friend on Skype the other evening, who asked if I had a "wish list" on Amazon. Not having heard of it I looked at the wish list in question only to find I didn't need a password to see it. Furthermore you can put a search for anybody elses name to see what theirs is.[/quote]

That's the whole idea behind the Amazon Wishlist; it allows other people to see what a user wants and offer it to them.

That said, Amazon gives the option for a Wishlist to be public, shared (with friends only) or private.

Archived