Complete France Forum

UK Car Insurance

PaulT

Car insurance due at the end of the month and received the reminder - cost £409. Went on to the comparison sites and cheaper with the same company for the identical details. Now doing less mileage and the quote was £311. So phoned and told then not to auto renew my policy.

'Sorry you are leaving us'.

'Oh, I am not just can get it cheaper via one of the comparison sites - £311'.

'Let me see if I can match it and obviously less mileage will lower it - ah yes, and I can give you some additional discount - cost £299'

Same insurance company providing cover for which I was originally quoted £409!

Did this last year as well, reinsured with the same company via a comparison site and saved £150.

Paul

Reminds me of several years back when I was phoning around on my daughters behalf for a renewal.

I'd had a quote from Admiral amongst many others but they were not the cheapest so I had gone with someone else, I can't recall who.

The next day I got a call from Admiral to ask if I had taken out cover or not, I said yes then was asked the price. When I told them they said "we could have matched that"

"Well it's to blood late to say that now isn't it" was my obvious retort !

A tip:

Most phone agents have quotas to meet so calling and renewing in the last couple of days of the month, even if you're not actually due exactly then, can pay off as they will do deals to get their numbers up.

Archived