Complete France Forum

Its a Knockout - well for Stuart Hall

PaulT

[quote user="Mr Ceour de Lion II"]This is what the tv licence pays for?

The whole organization is corrupt. Shut it down.
[/quote]And replace it with what? Something run by Murdoch? I don't think that would be an improvement.

[quote user="Mr Ceour de Lion II"]This is what the tv licence pays for?

The whole organization is corrupt. Shut it down.
[/quote]

... and the Roman Catholic Church, perhaps....?  [Www]

Why just the BBC and the Roman Catholic Church? ITV - well Coronation Street in particular - now has had two actors charged with sexual offences. When will this stop? Is it credible to find reliable evidence of offences allegedly committed between April and July 1967?

Apparently Stuart Hall has moved from adamant denial to a confession.

I wonder how much 'pressure' was applied during the interrogation of an 87 year old.

What I really fail to get is the fact that the Police carry out 'dawn raids' on these old people, what do they expect them to do - escape over a back fence?

Once upon a time suspects were ''invited'' to a Police station to answer questions, now it's an automatic arrest - why?

Then there is the removal of bags full of 'evidence'. Evidence in regard of an allegation of an offence 46 years ago - get real !

edit: I read there is now a compensation claim in the offing - who would have thought it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="powerdesal"]Apparently Stuart Hall has moved from adamant denial to a confession. I wonder how much 'pressure' was applied during the interrogation of an 87 year old. What I really fail to get is the fact that the Police carry out 'dawn raids' on these old people, what do they expect them to do - escape over a back fence? Once upon a time suspects were ''invited'' to a Police station to answer questions, now it's an automatic arrest - why? Then there is the removal of bags full of 'evidence'. Evidence in regard of an allegation of an offence 46 years ago - get real ! edit: I read there is now a compensation claim in the offing - who would have thought it !!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

From what I read the prosecution went ahead because the story from the various girls assaulted was very similar. Your comment about 'pressure' are you implying that he was not guilty but confessed because of the interrogation - after the interrogation he was stressing his innocence.

No doubt the items removed was to see if he was still up to anything, like grooming or downloading images of children.

I'm staggered. So it's somehow reprehensible that the police treat an 87-year-old criminal in the same way they'd treat any other criminal? Interesting. Of course, they should have treated him with kid gloves. [:@]

I may be mistaken but I believe Hall was arrested and charged within 24 hours. This seems to suggest that there was sufficient evidence for the police to have been extremely confident of a conviction.

If, indeed, there is a compensation claim in the offing, apart from potentially leveling a claim of "cashing in" upon the victims (and none of us know what, if any, long term psychological damage it might do to a 9-year-old girl to be sexually assaulted) does this somehow diminish the man's guilt?

Stuart Hall may be 87, he may have been a "celebrity" of sorts, but IMO he is completely undeserving of any special treatment. He's a rapist and a sexual predator, FFS. I find it nauseating that people are picking over what happened as if they somehow feel sorry for the revolting man. I can't even begin to understand the point in some of the above posts, because they seem to convey some sort of sympathy with him. How does this square with the fact that, not only did he finally admit at least one of the charges, he actually made a point of making a very public, quite vehement denial, adding being a bare faced liar to his growing list of unsympathetic traits.

I have found these sex scandals deeply depressing.

I grew up with a lovely father, four brothers and an umarried uncle and I have a son. I have had the good fortune to know lots of men as friends, social acquaintances and colleagues. I have often found that I prefer the company of men to that of women, now I find myself questioning all of my relationships with them. How could so much of this stuff have been condoned by other people ? A 'medical room' ?

Like Betty I am dismayed by some of the reactions here too.

Hoddy

Archived