Complete France Forum

This time next week, I shall be approaching the Sistine Chapel of performance, touch wood.

woolybanana

I was a fan of Leonard Cohen, like most of my contemporaries, back in the day. Now, I find I don't see the point of him. He was definitely an integral part of my teenage angst years, but whilst I think his lyrics have travelled quite well, I'm not sure I think the same of his music. As a wordsmith I like him better than as a singer.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]I was a fan of Leonard Cohen, like most of my contemporaries, back in the day. Now, I find I don't see the point of him. He was definitely an integral part of my teenage angst years, but whilst I think his lyrics have travelled quite well, I'm not sure I think the same of his music. As a wordsmith I like him better than as a singer.

[/quote]

I think the point of him is as a wordsmith: he never really could sing, and now his voice is rather worse. However, since his (now ex-) accountant ran off with all his money, he now needs to go touring again.

Archived