Complete France Forum

Downloading e-books

Benjamin

Jay having sorted me out on another Kindle problem thread I'm now ready to move on.

I found an old Amazon thread and realised I'm probably going about downloading books in the wrong manner. Previously (about four months ago) I downloaded directly to the Kindle. It looks as though a better method is to download to the pc/laptop using something like Calibre and then to select what Mrs Benjamin wants to read and then transfer only those books to the Kindle.

Am I on the right track here?

[quote user="Benjamin"]Jay having sorted me out on another Kindle problem thread I'm now ready to move on.

I found an old Amazon thread and realised I'm probably going about downloading books in the wrong manner. Previously (about four months ago) I downloaded directly to the Kindle. It looks as though a better method is to download to the pc/laptop using something like Calibre and then to select what Mrs Benjamin wants to read and then transfer only those books to the Kindle.

Am I on the right track here?

[/quote]

Sorry to butt in but yes you are. There are thousands of free books out there as well. Google some authors in the right format like "frederick forsyth free ebooks" and there you go and all free. Calibre will create a 'library' of both your Amazon ebooks (you tell it your Amazon password and it downloads them automatically) and any others you download. It also converts other ebook formats to Kindle format although even my basic Kindle reads most formats.

I use Calibre for both our Kindle and Nook. You may also like to think about Kindle for PC (download HERE) then you can have Amazon download your books direct to PC and you can also add books from other sources. In my opinion Claibre is a far superior program and it recognises the Kindle without any problem.

Archived