Complete France Forum

Well, that was an expensive afternoon.

woolybanana

Driving back home down a country lane after checking someone's house, at a very slow speed when a dog suddenly rushes out from a ditch, straight into the car. Screeched to a halt, doggy has a bad headache and the owner who was very concerned for the animal ran off after him.

Of course it was hunters, locals.

But the front 'bumper' which turns out to be a huge piece of plastic is badly split and will need replacing. So, will go to his place tomorrow to sort out the paperwork. He only lives a hundred yards away from the scene.

I guess it is a standard constat in that type of case?

There was a witness.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Driving back home down a country lane after checking someone's house, at a very slow speed when a dog suddenly rushes out from a ditch, straight into the car. Screeched to a halt, doggy has a bad headache and the owner who was very concerned for the animal ran off after him. Of course it was hunters, locals. But the front 'bumper' which turns out to be a huge piece of plastic is badly split and will need replacing. So, will go to his place tomorrow to sort out the paperwork. He only lives a hundred yards away from the scene. I guess it is a standard constat in that type of case? There was a witness.[/quote]

Oh, Wools, OF COURSE I am sorry that you have had this contretemps.

But, I don't think that they will give much weight to the dog's eye-witness account?

Make sure there isn't any internal damage to your car Wooly.

Same thing happened to Eddie once - the dog ran off and he kept going, not realising that the radiator was punctured, and eventually the engine seized up.

The insurance man told him to claim from the dog's owner, but how to find the owner? It was an expensive lesson.

Thanks for the warning, I have been watching the temperature gauge. The damage seems to be only on the big plastic bumper which is torn in serveral places but the expert is gonna see it at the local garage on Thursday to sort it out.

I did a constat with the farmer today so all should be well, though it will have to go through his doggy insurance policy as it was a hunting dog.

But he is well organized and had all the paperwork to hand.

I checked with the local police about responsability and they are sure it his as the dog should have been under control if it was allowed on a road.

Archived