Complete France Forum

Floods...." Lets be careful out there "

Frederick

Spending  as much time as I do in an area of forest I have noticed many trees leaning  now . No doubt  the high water table is together with the high winds  the cause ,  Now when I have to  park my car near them I take a good look at the trees ....It you have to park under or close to trees check them out in case they are starting to lean .Like mine is to me ...I am sure your car is precious to you

And if I could add a note of caution. If there's a sign up saying a road is blocked, it's blocked. The sign applies to you as well as everyone else.

We've had idiots in 4 x 4's thinking it's OK for them to drive through. Thanks to them, the wash from their vehicles is pushing more flood water into people's homes, for which I'm sure they're NOT grateful. Also, there's no way to see what's beneath the water, and a lot of manhole and drain covers have "blown" so there are heavy, dangerous obstacles underwater. And they're an even greater danger to pedestrians, so don't walk through flood water either.

We've already had one Mercedes saloon abandoned in our village centre. The driver would have had to drive through a number of "road closed" signs to get to where his engine finally conked out, luckily not completely obstructing the passage of emergency vehicles which CAN get through and are designed to do so. If you have to get through floods and your car IS precious to you, leave it at home or find an alternative route.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]

We've already had one Mercedes saloon abandoned in our village centre. The driver would have had to drive through a number of "road closed" signs to get to where his engine finally conked out, luckily not completely obstructing the passage of emergency vehicles which CAN get through and are designed to do so. If you have to get through floods and your car IS precious to you, leave it at home or find an alternative route.

[/quote]

Another example of high performance vehicle but a low performance brain! makes for a dangerous combo.

Archived