Complete France Forum

6N

Gardian

A somewhat open competition.

The French were awful tonight and IMO they made the Welsh look good, or least better than they are.

The big match is tomorrow now. Anybody's game, but I just fancy ourselves to dog it out by single figure points.

Italy to beat Sc? You'd say so, wouldn't you? But somehow ............ I just think that the Jocks might just squeak it.

[quote user="Gardian"]A somewhat open competition. The French were awful tonight and IMO they made the Welsh look good, or least better than they are. The big match is tomorrow now. Anybody's game, but I just fancy ourselves to dog it out by single figure points. Italy to beat Sc? You'd say so, wouldn't you? But somehow ............ I just think that the Jocks might just squeak it.[/quote]I hope you are right.

Looking at the Ireland Scotland  and Scotland England results  adjusting for home advantage Your assessment of a close English win seems reasonable especially since the game is at Twickenham. I will be supporting the side playing the better (more attractive) rugby.

Perhaps England  will answer the question of whether Scotland were really that bad or whether England were unlucky in Paris and are really a very good side. They certainly have some exciting young players.

Told you so Rabbie - a few drams tonight?

In truth, you weren't all that good, but the Italians weren't much better.

As for us and the Irish, it could have gone either way, but I felt that we just about deserved the win. Good game though.

For me, Lawes was MOTM, but close with Brown.

We could very easily trip up vs Wales, but home advantage helps! Fr vs IRe as the last match will probably decide things.

[quote user="Gardian"]Told you so Rabbie - a few drams tonight? In truth, you weren't all that good, but the Italians weren't much better. As for us and the Irish, it could have gone either way, but I felt that we just about deserved the win. Good game though. For me, Lawes was MOTM, but close with Brown. We could very easily trip up vs Wales, but home advantage helps! Fr vs IRe as the last match will probably decide things.[/quote]It was nice to see some passion from Scotland at last. Never easy for Scotland to win in Rome - only the third time since 2000. The result should give the team some much needed confidence.

I thought England were well worth their win and with a little bit of luck could have won by more. I thought Brown was a deserving choice for MOTM but Lawes did have a good game. I think the key game for the title is England-Wales. They are both teams that are improving as the tournament goes on.

Lets home we get some more close games in the next two rounds. Sport is always better to watch when it is close IMO

I would have loved an Italian win but none the less I thought it was a good game by both sides. Scotland have obviously had a '' talking - to '' as had Wales.

The England - Ireland game was brilliant. Clean, passionate and hard fought by both sides. A good win for England and deserved. Brown was our choice as MOTM before it was announced. That 'goalkeeper' save was epic.

The England - Wales game could be a nail-biter.

Yes, PD, England-Ireland was a great game to watch.  I would have liked a closer result.

What a contrast to the Wales-France match...........I couldn't believe how bad the French were!

So..........no one, not even Rabbie, is talking about the CURLING in Sochi?[:D][:P][:-))]

• 2 weeks later...
Rabbie wanted to see close games, but not the way it went today, eh?

Never thought that I'd be upset about Scotland losing, but I was this evening. France were awful and the disaster of it all is that they could end up winning the competition.

As for the Jocks ............. Haven't they heard about playing % rugby? Madness.

Now for tomorrow. Anybody's game.

Yeah, well you win some and you lose some. Just the way the cookie crumbles.  Good excuse for drowning one's sorrows. At least in some respects Scotland  have improved but it is still work in progress. Lets hope Vern Cotter will get some better results.

I still think (hope) that Brian O'Driscoll will finish on a high in Paris next week.

Looking forward for tomorrow's match. England should edge it but it should be an interesting game.

I thought that we were pretty good today.

Nullified the Welsh attack and only gave them penalties that most other sides wouldn't have taken half of.

The Irish will win in Paris and will get a deserved Championship ............... But you never know with les Bleus!!

Archived