Complete France Forum

I'm confused by too much choice!

mint

Am I the only one who is confused by too much choice of products when I want to buy something?

Takes ages now just comparing functions, prices, where or whom to buy from, etc.  This applies to the choice of a simple thing like an alarm clock for example to, say, a computer.

I just thought I'd buy a simple pedometer as I am out up to 5 times every week walking and that it might be interesting to see what distances I have covered.

I don't really care much as to how far I have walked but French walking companions always seem to speculate about how far and whether we have walked too fast or too slowly.

I googled pedometers, looking for a basic one that will measure distance and I was innundated with a whole range of the wretched things: how far walked, how many steps taken, how many calories burned, how much fat was disposed of..............at which point I stopped reading and decided that life was too short to bother with such irrelevancies.

If someone knows of a pedometer that will just, even if only approximately, tell me how far, please can you give me name, model number and where to get it, please?

Just buy the cheapest Chinese one from Ebay UK - It may not be super accurate, but it's only for fun.

Here's one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B1-EXERCISE-FITNESS-LCD-PEDOMETER-STEP-WALKING-DISTANCE-CALORIE-COUNTER-/350805310220?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Activity_Monitoring_MJ&var=&hash=item51ada03b0c

Sweet mints you need to move to Cuba. Once went on a walking tour of Havana. There was just myself and Yve with the guide and he was very open. He took us in to one of the grocery shops that residents have to use. There was a customer area, then a counter across the shop and then racking. On the racking was just a few tins. Seemed a case of no choice just take what they have.

[quote user="Lehaut"]Depends on your smart phone, but there will be an Android app that will do it, and probably free!

(sure it exists in other "smart phones" but don't do Apple ;) )[/quote]

True there was a google app called track my run (walk) or something like that, if I remember back you could put in your route from the comfort of your arm chair like google maps.  Been a while so not sure if they are still around or maybe even better now.

[quote user="AnOther"]Can you do the walk from there too, seems the perfect solution if you can [:D][:D][:D]

How the hell they make and sell those things for £0.99 including post from China beats me !

[/quote]

Erns, not about pedometers but about those spare car keys you advised me about.  Bear with me, this is still relevant to the topic............

I went on the site you gave me and, as I didn't want to make an error, I emailed to ask one simple question.  No answer so I scouted around some more, now having a clear idea (thanks to you and others) what key I needed.

Went to an American website and ordered 2 spare uncut keys for under a fiver (the sterling-USD rate being at a high).

Blow me, the keys came less than 3 weeks later by air from China and NO postage charged to me!!!

That's in addition to all the concerts and various fêtes, visiting producteurs of various foodstuffs, lime works, you name it.

How do I do it?

Well the house looks like a tip and the garden looks like a wilderness [;-)]

Would love to go to Bergérac tomorrow to see les cyclistes but, alas, I have promised to go somewhere else with some neighbours.

Hope you have finished your kitchen and that everything, including your ginger, poussent très bien[:D]

That's in addition to all the concerts and various fêtes, visiting producteurs of various foodstuffs, lime works, you name it.

How do I do it?

Well the house looks like a tip and the garden looks like a wilderness [;-)]

Would love to go to Bergérac tomorrow to see les cyclistes but, alas, I have promised to go somewhere else with some neighbours.

Hope you have finished your kitchen and that everything, as well as your ginger, poussent très bien[:D]

Archived