Complete France Forum

Have you got any "space " you don't use

Frederick

You could be making money !

I listened to a radio phone in this morning .. A young lady home with newborn is renting out a third of her garage space for storage for £65 a month for a bit of extra cash .. Spare bedrooms lofts ... sheds anywhere there is "space " you don't need is a potential earner. It seems people going overseas for a while need a place to leave a few boxes with their stuff with someone... Well the young lady now runs a web site for people to get in on this and it appears there are plenty of people looking for this type of storage where they do not have enough to fill a container with a big storage company .Good luck to the girl I say Now if you live in London and have a car parking space and are close to a tube station....There IS a money maker !

[quote user="mint"]What about insurance for the somebody else's stuff?

What about if you are unwittingly acting as a fence and the fuzz come and raid your "space"?[I]

[/quote]

They have to insure their "Stuff " themselves... If it was in my home I would need a look see and stand over them while they tape up the boxes .. It must work for some people ... but..... this is the first time I have come across it .

Here you go "Mint " you made me google it !

https://storemates.co.uk/

[quote user="Frederick"]

Here you go "Mint " you made me google it !

https://storemates.co.uk/[/quote]

Well I never!

Have 3 large sous sol rooms, even temperature all year round, dry and free of pests and insects.

Accessible from main artery routes in SW France.

Clean respectable house-holders, non smokers, one dog but does not go into sous sol much.

Situated in peaceful area with minimal crime and no jihadists.

So how much are you prepared to pay me for storing your possessions?

Pas serieux s'abstenir [:P]

Plus I think you need the sort of mentality whereby you can "ignore" the fact that the possessions are other people's and not your own.

A neighbour asked us to store a mattress for a few months and OH cleared a huge space around it and put down floor protective covering for it.  I was stopping the dog from going into the room and, when I myself did go in, I'd tiptoe around the mattress in case I accidentally stepped on it.

Nevermind that the things will be insured by the owner, unless it's a lightning strike or similar, I'd STILL feel responsible.

I simply don't have the sort of mindset to take on board something like that.

And if I were the person wanting the storage space, I think I'd rather keep everything clearcut and go with a commercial company. 

Agree with Mint, and there's the access problem too - every time you wanted to go on holiday for a fortnight you'd have to make sure that nobody was going to need to come in and collect their stuff. I wouldn't want to plan my life round other people all the time.

For me it's something I would only want to do if I really was strapped for cash and had lots of space that I didn't need (which I don't).

Archived