Complete France Forum

Yet another Brexit issue!

POB

Don't worry, Farage or Johnson or Gove could dress up, fly around a bit and then stuff themselves down the chimney.

Sorry kids, I'm gonna make sure the fire is really hot that night. But I guess there will still be presents!

I was once a Father Xmas in a store, in emergency I may add; boy was that fun and interesting. All the fairies were over 60 but most of the younger staff wanted a turn on my knee. Can't think why!

Some of the kids were an eye opener; you could tell so much just by seeing them and finding out what they wanted. Most shocking was a little girl who asked to have her daddy back. The mother had hovered cautiously and then hastily whispered that the guy had died earlier in the year. Can't remember how I reacted but I didn't offer her a cheap plastic doll instead. What I do remember is that we had to have a short pause after that and a check of the facial make up.

During my student years I had a part-time job in a big department store during the Christmas season. Their "Santa" was a kindly old gentleman with real white beard and whiskers, but one afternoon we found him near his grotto with tears in his eyes.

He had sat a small boy on his knee and asked him what he wanted for Christmas, but the lad punched him on the nose and said "That's for not bringing me a bicycle last year!"

Archived