Complete France Forum

does Brexit have a point?

mint

Apologies for asking such a basic and naive question.

So, we can take back "control of our waters and fisheries" but it will not be total control, we can take back "control of our borders" but we will still have to accept skilled personnel such as in the the NHS and low-paid farming industry workers, we can "trade around the world" but we will still need to get those trade agreements outside of the EU, and we can do this, that and the other but there always seems to be some sort of caveat.

Now, I read this:

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/04/uk-ministers-move-to-allay-brexit-fears-over-access-to-medicines[/url]

Explain to me, somebody, PLEASE, is there any point to Brexit at all?

Interesting posts, thank you.

As the months have gone on and no progress seems to have happened with the "negotiations", I am beginning to suspect that Brexit is not doable and that that is why all those politicians who were so keen on it are now back-tracking and even distancing themselves from the task in hand.

As for the pudding-faced Davies claiming that the negotiations are going well...........you only have to look at the sly look in his eyes when he is telling us these porkies.

"I am beginning to suspect that Brexit is not doable"

But the wheels have been set in motion, and whether any progress has been made or not the clock is ticking away, so unless somebody stops the process Brexit will happen, whether done to the UK's advantage or not. If it's not "doable" then is it undoable, because now the process has started it has to be one or the other. If it's not stopped the clock will keep ticking and the EU is keen to move on, I suspect it won't let the uncertainty drag on for a day longer than necessary.

Archived