Complete France Forum

Loading videos on to an iPad

Gardian

There'll be a simple answer to this, but I've tried & tried .........

We regularly receive short videos from our son of short videos taken of our grandson. These are taken using their smartphone & emailed.

Normally, this isn't a problem - they can be downloaded to the tower pc and viewed. However, I do now need to get them on to the iPad and it just tells me that its 'Loading', but you can wait forever and nothing happens.

What should I be doing please?

How hard does such a simple thing need to be but Apple being Apple the harder the better seems to be the philosophy on top of which they are too dumb, smug, or arrogant to even tell you why something is not working or that what you're trying to do can't be done.

Plenty of advice on line though so choose your poison, e.g. https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-transfer-videos-to-ipad-from-pc-mac/

No device which is not simply drag-n-drop or copy/paste will ever pass over my doorstep !

Having read the various entries, I opted for AirTrans, rather than muck about with iTunes.

The whole business of loading and transferring a 'test' little video, took 10 minutes.

Thankyou very much for pointing me in the right direction.

Archived