Complete France Forum

European Election results

woolybanana

Well, rise of the far right, biggest party in France, not nice

But purely on a practical point, why the heck arent the UK results out when the vote was Thursday. The Europeans got theirs out same day. Even if the Brits waited until Sunday before announcing , they could have blooody counted the things in the meantime.

I don't know for sure, but thinking about it, and knowing that no country is allowed to publish the results until all the countries have finished voting, I think you may find that the risk of leaks is decreased by no country even starting the count until then.

Simples.

In our little commune, places have changed between le Pen and Macron:  Bardella, le Pen's candidate had 23.7% and Macron's Loiseau got 22.4%[6]

I did get suspicious as I was hanging about after voting and noticed that at least 2 people who came after me were not picking up the En marche leaflets.  You might say 2 people wouldn't make any difference but it does if the whole population is only about 450 altogether.

I think I have told the story of how OH and I voted Green at the last European election and the following day, there was the number two against the Green candidate displayed outside the mairie!

Archived