Complete France Forum

Biker in France

AntonioMartha

Hi!

I'm Tony. I'm French-American and I grew up in South Carolina. I'll stay in my AirBnb for a month and I'm planning to rent a motorcycle and explore rural parts of the country.

If you have any suggestions on where to go or tips on what to do, I'm open to it.

Thanks!

You’re encouraging some pretty subjective replies so it would help to know where you are planning to start, what you hope to see along the way and the sort of bike you are hoping to hire.

France can be a paradise for motorcyclists with thousands of kilometres of low traffic density roads, beautiful scenery and biker friendly accommodation. There is also a lot to see and whatever you interests are will have a big effect on any suggestions. Are you driven by architecture, history, wild countryside or the motorcycling itself? The roads on offer vary from the typical arrow straight tree lined undulating roads through the heartland, the tight winding rural roads linking small communes together, mountain passes in the Alps, Pyrenees and Voges to mention a few or the network of chemins that criss-cross the country from north to south and from east to west.

Me, I could recommend plenty of routes that are suited to a sports tourer that take in medieval villages and chateaux of all shapes and sizes but you might be looking for cruiser friendly straight lines, the most sun and the sophistication of the south east.

• 3 weeks later...
I just logged in again. My rides were unbelievable! France is really one of a kind. Had some problem with my ears and had to buy ear plugs like this https://www.bigearinc.com/custom-ear-plugs/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMNnjPBsjU&t=18s

All in all. The trip is great. The food's fantastic. Will try and go back around December or January.

Archived