mint

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Beethoven + Murray Perahia + Academy of St Martin in the Fields ....

[url]https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/055901-000-A/murray-perahia-joue-beethoven/[/url]

I remember with exquisite affection a concert of Perahia's where there was just him and the piano and he held the audience totally spell-bound and I don't think anybody moved for about 3 minutes after he finished his last encore.

Incredible playing[:)]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
All life is here, some of it really dark, so not for the faint-hearted:
[url]https://www.programme-tv.com/television/500910722/ludwig-van-beethoven-ultimes-sonates-par-alexandre-tharaud.html[/url]

an incredible pianist.......

tant pis pour toi[:P]  No, I didn't mean that.....it just goes to show how music is so much an individual thing, both for performers and listeners.

I was captivated about 3 bars in....

I promise I shall find you something more "your thing".....

But Beethoven WAS a bit of a head banger, wasn't he?  So, in that sense, it was truly his music.

His life was one of such frustration, on all levels, that I find it incredible that he should have nursed that genius till the end.  Also, I need to remind myself sometimes that the piano is indeed a percussion instrument.  I was in awe of the pianist's technique.

He was certainly a composer I imagine it must have been difficult to live with, but then who would want to be Mrs. Bach  with all those children, or Mrs Mozart?
Somehow I imagine Mrs Haydn probably had an easier life although there has recently been speculation as to who she was:

Marital Harmony:

Although some think that they weren't compatible..