Complete France Forum

Deleting

Liz

I have just tried to delete a duplicate post but I get a message to say that the facility is timed out. As I tried to delete within seconds of realizing there was a duplicate I find this a bit hard to believe.  I know I have deleted, in the past,  using the current software so what is going wrong?

Liz

That's strange Liz.

The other day I accidentally pressed 'post' twice, and a message came up saying something like 'the forum sftware does not allow duplicate posts.

Someone suggested editing the post, then deleting it to get round the problem you have, but that has failed me too. I just leave a * behind or 'error'

If you want to delete a post the trick (that sometimes works) is to edit the post you want to delete then immediately on posting the edited version go (quickly) to delete and you can sometimes delete it that way. You have to do the delete immediately the thread (and your edited post) is re-displayed – don’t wait at all.

For me this always works (though I’ve not done it for a few weeks so things might have changed). The forum software used to refuse to delete anything for me until I discovered this trick.

Ian

Archived