Complete France Forum

Emails

Judith

Judith, did you use the 'email' icon at the bottom of the persons post? 

When I've done that, at the bottom of the screen where you compose your message it says 'send email'. It's a totally different screen to the normal reply screen for posting a message within the forum.

Tresco

Yes I did - but I got no send mail. Perhaps it's the broweser we use, I have found sometimes not all sites work with it - and also I'm on a mac - work choice not mine! - I sent a pm so we'll just have to see if that works, and next time, I might try internet explorer, which I have, but all bookmarks in other browser. Why does having a computer make like far more difficult sometimes.

Thanks for the reply, at least I know I was doing the right thing, even if it didn't work!

You could (try) PMing it.  On this forum the recipient actually then gets an e-mail with the full text of the message.  Only thing with a PM is the recipient does have to reply through the forum PM system and does not get given your e-mail address (as they do if you send them an e-mail.

If they reply to the PM e-mail notification they get their reply will “go to oblivion” - they have to reply through the form PM system.

Ian