Complete France Forum

Why Not???

Evianers

Understandably, there are rules and regulations pertaining to any forum and one simply has to abide by them. But as other forums [fora?] permit the advertising by persons seeking gainful employment, why not this forum? There must be a valid reason. Could the mods please explain why?

I believe it has to do with the "NO ADVERTISING YOUR OWN SERVICES" mentioned in the forum code of conduct.

The forum is owned by Archant, who publish  magazines which sell advertising and I guess they prefer to receive some form of payment in exchange for publishing adverts.

[quote user="Clair"]I believe it has to do with the "NO ADVERTISING YOUR OWN SERVICES" mentioned in the forum code of conduct.

The forum is owned by Archant, who publish  magazines which sell advertising and I guess they prefer to receive some form of payment in exchange for publishing adverts.

[/quote]

Moot point, but I would hardly call offering your services to work as "Advertising". As said, other forums allow this, it's a pity EF do not. Would love to find a stimulating part-time occupation..............

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Evianers"]I would hardly call offering your services to work as "Advertising".[/quote]

As a mod, I consider offering services which involves a financial gain in any occupation (translation, typing, dealing with French administration, pet-sitting...) as advertising.

Have you considered volunteering for Restos du Coeur or for another association?

[/quote]

Thank you Clair

Just clicked on the website for volunteers that you suggested and guess what ?

Aucun resultat!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, will try again under another category later.

I realise this is slightly dodgy territory re the t&c's but I can't help but agree with Evaniers to some extent - simply because you can advertise a vacancy here (something which would cost money if advertised in the mag') but not ask for a job.  I do get it Clair, but there is a bit of a double standard at play here.

Archived